License to Carry Plus Course in Houston
License to Carry with Basic Handgun Marksmanship
The license to carry plus course combines the DPS standard subjects with an additional four hours of marksmanship training. The best part? Don’t worry about bringing a thing! Invicta Tactics wraps applicable range supplies and fees into one low price so you can get the most out of the course. Additionally, the course includes lunch and refreshments.
The Process of Obtaining a License to Carry
- Submit a completed application
- Pay required fees
- Complete all required training
- Submit required supplemental forms and materials
First-time LTC applicants should submit an online application and schedule an appointment for fingerprinting. Additionally, applicants must:
- Complete four to six hours of classroom training
- Pass a written examination
- Pass a proficiency demonstration (shooting)
Finally, DPS will issue your license within 60 days of receiving the completed application packet. However, if the application is incomplete or requires additional information to complete the background check, you will be notified in writing.