License to Carry Course in Houston
Get a License to Carry (LTC) / Concealed Handgun License (CHL) Now
Are you looking to obtain your license to carry (also known as a concealed handgun license)? If so, sign-up for the Invicta Tactics License to Carry Course in Houston, Texas.
Of course, Invicta Tactics recognizes and understands the need to protect yourself and your family. In fact, this basic right is why we offer license to carry classes that are cheaper than our competitors and are always available. Consequently, we will ensure to provide thorough license to carry courses. With this, each of our license to carry courses covers the following:
- The four mandatory DPS subjects
- A written test
- A proficiency demonstration
Laws & Regulations
Texas Government Code Chapter 411, Subchapter H sets out the eligibility criteria that you must meet to obtain a license to carry. To begin, applicants must be at least 21 years of age (unless active duty military). Secondly, you must meet federal qualifications to purchase a handgun.
Here, you will find the state eligibility requirements: GC §411.172.
Please note, the following factors disqualify individuals from obtaining a license:
- Felony convictions
- Some misdemeanor convictions (including charges that resulted in probation or deferred adjudication)
- Certain pending criminal charges
- Chemical or alcohol dependency
- Certain types of psychological diagnoses
- Protective and/or restraining orders.
Here, you will find the federal firearms disqualifying factors: 18 USC 44 §922.
The Process of Obtaining a License to Carry
- Submit a completed application
- Pay required fees
- Complete all required training
- Submit required supplemental forms and materials
Furthermore, first-time LTC applicants should submit an online application and schedule an appointment for fingerprinting. Additionally, applicants must:
- Complete four to six hours of classroom training
- Pass a written examination
- Pass a proficiency demonstration (shooting)
Finally, DPS will issue your license within 60 days of receiving the completed application packet. However, if the application is incomplete or requires additional information to complete the background check, you will be notified in writing.